Monday, November 6, 2023

11.6.23

 It feels so good to cross things off my 'to do' list! I've been putting off making my oldest grandson a Penn State quilt because I haven't found a pattern that speaks to me. I finally made a final decision and began cutting out blocks yesterday. I wasn't completely sold on the design but the more I think about it, the more I believe that with my own additions, it will be just perfect and it will be a fun quilt to make. I also need to put a Christmas quilt top on my longarm and get that quilted and bound. 

I finished my baby grandson's quilt yesterday and have to say, I'm really happy with it. I made him a quilt to go along with the book 'The Ghost who was a Quilt' and the first try was just awful. I have never used minky as a backing and tried to skip a few steps since it was such a small quilt. I ended up giving it to my dog Casper. I made a new one and heavily basted it and quilted it on my Bernina 880. It turned out perfect! 

I have 6" blocks that I'm sewing together for the Lutheran sewing group but can't remember if it is nine by fifteen or eleven by fifteen. Until I find out for sure, I'll just be sewing together 15 blocks rows.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you're still posting, and I hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete