Monday, July 10, 2017

Chaos.

That is what happens when I try to organize my fabric. I've got fabric - oh, I've got fabric! I'm aware of all the organization systems and have read about each but when it comes down to organizing my own, I'm just befuddled. 

I'm ok as long as I am just working with plain old solid fabric or fabric I don't like.  But if I come across something that has a sentimental connection or that I forgot I had or that is exceptionally beautiful - I'll want to put it off to the side so I don't forget about it.  Consequently, I have numerous piles and nothing is organized. 

Now I've found mouse droppings in my sewing room. This means that I will be forced to go through all of my fabric and wash it.  Maybe as I'm folding it and putting it away, I'll manage to organize it in some sensible order. It would be so nice not to have to search through absolutely everything for that piece of fabric I know I have.  Only to not find it, purchase something else, and then find the fabric I was looking for when I no longer need it!


No comments:

Post a Comment