Thursday, February 11, 2016

2.10.16

Today would have been my dad's 88th birthday.  Today - if I follow through with my plans - will be the third day in a row that I've gone straight home from work and gone straight to bed. Or in my case, straight to couch.  Because I don't have a bed.  53 years old and I don't have a bed.  I have a house, I have a car, I don't have a bed because my husband sleeps in it.  I'm odd in that I do not want to sleep in the same room, let alone bed, with my husband or anyone else. Except my dog.

That said, if I do follow through with my plans, it will be 3 days that I have not sewn anything.  A pity because other than my kids who have now grown and moved on - with the exception of my 16 year old son - sewing is one of the only things that gives me a crazy amount of pleasure.  I would say happiness but that wouldn't be true.  There are a lot of things that make me happy but sewing makes my heart sing and makes me feel useful and special and worthwhile.  I love sewing machines especially old sewing machines that are so simply made.  There really isn't anything to them and I love that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment